Our CrossFit Kids program is for children grades K-6.
Each program is 6 weeks with 1 class per week. Each class will last 1 hour.
Our next program begins January 16, and will run until February 20. Each class will be on Wednesday at 4:30 pm. This program will be limited to the first 15 that sign-up.
All classes are instructed by owner/coach Justin Ruffing. He is an official CrossFit Kids coach. He is also a teacher and high school track and football coach as well as first aid and CPR certified.
Go to this link to sign your child up to be a “CrossFit Kid”. CrossFit Tiffin sign-up page
What is CrossFit Kids?
CrossFit Kids is a method of teaching functional movement to kids in a fun, safe environment. Our program is based on proper movement, athletic development, and healthy lifestyles. Learning physical skills at a young age will lead to enhanced sports performance and reduced injuries. Our program works to promote a healthy lifestyle by teaching about healthy food choices, sleep, self discipline, and more.
The CrossFit Tiffin Kids program includes:
- FUN! Our number one goal is to teach kids that fitness is fun.
- Strength, conditioning, and skills that will improve sports performance now and in the future.
- Instruction on foundational movements including squats, presses, and deadlifts.
- Instruction on the Olympic lifts- the clean and snatch.
- Instruction on basic gymnastics including pull-ups, handstands, tumbling, and more.
- Instruction on proper running, jumping, and change of direction.